Tenant Scrutiny – an opportunity to participate in what we do
Tenant participation can take many forms – we’ve held a wide variety of opportunities over the years to getting more involved, both formally and informally, if you choose to – from becoming a member, standing for election to our governing Board, to attending our open days and fun days. But what about Tenant Scrutiny – what is it? We always want to go further and give you the power to challenge us on how we are doing.
Whilst we have already established a Tenant Scrutiny Panel, the numbers of the panel do not represent all of the areas that we work in and we are always looking to increase membership to a group of around 12-15 residents to continue to look at topics that you feel we need to improve on.
So far the Tenant Scrutiny Panel have reviewed and commented on a range of matters such as:
- How we allocate properties
- How we provide repair and maintenance services to you
- How long we take to respond to emergency repairs
- How we should consult with you and a range of topics
- How we have performance as an organisation on an annual basis
- How we set out rents in the context of our wider financial commitments
- Opportunities to get involved in Mystery Shopping with similar housing organisations
Ultimately all of the above leads to improving our overall performance and the standards of service that we provide to you, as our customers.
Tenant Scrutiny is an approach rather than a process and we think you could help to:
- Act as a critical friend
- Act as a voice for other tenants
- Be tenant led and independent
- Improve our overall services
Want to Help Us?
Have you got the time to help us? The Tenant Scrutiny Group meets three to four times over the course of the year. If you are interested and want to know more then please contact us for further information. Contact Lorraine Dallas our Director of Customer Services on 0141 880 3833 or email LorraineD@barrheadha.org
Panel members will be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses and we are also looking at a small contribution such as a voucher from Asda for members that fully participate. Further details will be provided to you when you contact us.