Barrhead Housing Associations cyclical maintenance programme includes the following services:
GAS SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE
Barrhead housing Association carry out an annual gas service to ensure gas appliances within your home are safe. This is a legal requirement for landlords.
- Every year around 30 people die in the UK, with many others severely ill, from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues which have not been properly maintained. This unacceptable number of deaths would be even higher if it wasn’t for the strict legislation in the UK. You can’t see it, you can’t taste it and you can’t even smell it, but carbon monoxide can kill without warning in just a matter of hours.
- The service should last around 30 minutes, if you cannot give access personally then perhaps a friend or relative can. Should you have difficulty providing access during the day we can make a specific appointment normally with a 2 hour time slot if you contact us in advance of your appointment date.
- We will write to you with an appointment should you fail to provide access another appointment will be issued and you could face a £35 charge if the contractor does not obtain access. If you further fail to provide access or to contact us we will pass your information to your Customer Services Officer to investigate abandonment proceedings. If access for the gas service is still not provided then the Association will take the necessary action to gain access to the property on the legally due date.
Close Cleaning & Communal Cleaning
Cameron Cleaning Services undertake a weekly close cleaning service for residents in closes, who have agreed to participate in the communal cleaning contract. A contract specification and dates for cleaning are provided to each owner and tenant involved in the contract.
Barrhead Housing Association is committed to ensuring that an Electrical Installation Certificate is completed within the recommended timescales for each individual property:
- 5 year period for each property.
- 3 year period for all communal and commercial electrical supplies.
- An electrical test will also be completed on every property that becomes void before a new tenant is allowed to take up occupancy to ensure that the property meets the required electrical and health and safety standards.
Barrhead Housing Association have a 3 year gutter cleaning contract in place with Patersons Safety Anchors to identify which properties require an annual/bi-annual or three yearly clean. Within this contract Patersons Safety Anchors will also undertake minor repairs or replacements to rainwater goods, slates and roofs.
Roof Anchor Testing
Barrhead Housing Association carry out an annual test of all our roof anchors to ensure that they are fit for use by contractors accessing the roof and comply with Health & Safety regulations. This is undertaken as part of the Gutter Cleaning contract by Patersons Safety Anchors.
McDermotts deliver the Landscaping and Ground Maintenance contract – working across all our locations: carrying out grass cutting/pruning/weeding/litter picking/ tree works where required and hard landscaping upon request.
Energy Performance Certificates
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) measures the energy efficiency of a property using a rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). The EPC also contains typical energy costs and recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money. Barrhead Housing Association is committed to ensuring that each individual property has an EPC in place which will be renewed every 10 years.
|DATES ARE INDICATIVE|
|All Addresses||Gas Maintenance and Servicing||Property Services||TBC||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Landscaping and Maintenance||Emily Connell||McDermotts||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Cleaning of Communal Areas||Emily Connell||Cameron Cleaning||April 2018||March 2019|
|Energy Performance Certificates|
|Various Addresses||EPC Inspections||Amanda Kean||Optimum||April 2018||March 2019|
|Electrical Installation Certificates|
|Various Addresses – Residential||Electrical Inspections||Emily Connell||GD Chalmers||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses – Communal||Electrical Inspections||Emily Connell||GD Chalmers||April 2018||March 2019|
|All Addresses||Gutter Cleaning and Small Repairs to rainwater goods||Emily Connell||Paterson Safety Anchors||April 2018||March 2019|
Replacement Smoke Alarms and Annual Inspections
|Property Services||GasSure||April 2018||March 2019|
|CO Alarms / Monitors|
|Various Addresses – As Required||
Replacement CO Alarms and Annual Inspections
|Property Services||TBC||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Quality Assurance – Gas||Property Services||Optimum||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Quality Assurance – Electrical||Property Services||Optimum||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||New Consumer Unit||Janice Peters||GD Chalmers||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Partial Re-Wire||Janice Peters||GD Chalmers||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various Addresses||Full Re-Wire||Janice Peters||GD Chalmers||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various||Lift Maintenance and Servicing||Property Services||Jackson Lifts||April 2018||March 2019|
|Automatic Door Closers|
|Various||Maintenance & Servicing||Property Services||April 2018||March 2019|
|Various||Annual Inspections||Emily Connell||Various||April 2018||March 2019|
|Sheltered Accommodation||Service and Maintenance||Property Services||JML||April 2018||March 2019|