Investment, Improvement and Contract Activity.
Each year we carry out work to improve and modernise our properties for the future.
Our Property Services team is responsible for the delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance, the Scottish Housing Quality Standard, developing energy efficiency measures, and general Health and Safety.
Our investment programme is undertaken following careful planning to ensure we target those properties where work is most needed. We routinely contact all tenants who will be directly affected by any planned maintenance work, well before it is due to start.
In terms of ensuring value for money, we share a procurement framework with 7 other local housing associations across Renfrewshire and Inverclyde – a group called IFLAIR. More details on this framework are included under the separate tab “procurement framework”.
For all our contracts, we undertake competitive processes – where we assess both the quality of service being offered as well as the cost. This is to ensure that we achieve best value in all our procurement activity.
For contracts of a larger value and which fall out-with the scope of our procurement framework, we use the Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) website which is the national portal for public procurement activity in Scotland. PCS was launched in August 2008 to:
- Increase competition and support ‘Best Value’
- Provide valuable free contract information to suppliers
- Support the Public Sector to achieve a more transparent tendering process and adhere to EU rules
- Build stronger communication links with buyers and suppliers
- Stimulate growth in Scotland
- To see current and previous procurement activity undertaken by Barrhead Housing Association via PCS, go to:https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA14262