Please complete the questionnaire on the last page of our 2017-18 Rent Consultation Newsletter and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Barrhead Housing Association, 60-70 Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1SB.
Rent Consultation Outcome 2017/18
Following consultation, the Association have decided on a 2% rent increase for 2017/18.
There have been various approaches to consultation with you, which has included:
- A new consultation leaflet confirming our proposed increase of 2% was issued to all tenants week commencing 12th December 2016. This offered a number of ways you could respond with your views.
- Consultation with the Tenant Scrutiny Panel in January 2017
- Consultation with Sheltered Tenants in February 2017
- Staff undertook telephone surveys in January/February 2017
- Views were obtained when tenants came into the office and when staff undertook home visits
- Info was posted on our website, on Facebook and via Barrhead TV.
Three options were given on the Rent Review Consultation:
Option 1. I think the proposed rent increase of 2% represents Value for Money
Option 2. I think Barrhead should offer a lower rent increase by reducing some services or cutting back investment on homes
Option 3. I think the increase should be higher so that Barrhead can offer more services or deliver better investment than planned
The Association will be contacting all of those tenants who took the time to respond to us, and will also be looking to set up a focus group to explore options 2 & 3 further.
If you want to find out more or get involved in a focus groups please contact Lorraine Dallas at the office for further information.