2018/19 Rent Consultation Outcome
The Association went out to consultation on a proposed 3.6% increase.
However, we are delighted to confirm that following a further review of our budgetary process and after carefully listening to what you said to us, that the Association were able to reduce the increase from 3.6% to 2.9%.
Thank you to all 56 tenants who made the time to respond to us and for all the detailed feedback that you provided to us on our proposals.
There were various approaches to consultation with you, which included:
- Our newly developed consultation leaflet which was issued to all tenants in January 2018 and offered a number of ways you could respond to us.
- Consultation with the Tenant Scrutiny Panel in January 2018.
- Consultation with Sheltered Tenants in February 2018.
- Staff undertook telephone surveys in January/February 2018.
- Views were obtained when tenants came into the office and when staff undertook home visits.
- Info was posted on our website, on Facebook and via Barrhead TV.
The Rent Consultation has now closed – Have your say on rents… rent increase proposal for 2018/19
We propose that your rent for the next year will increase by 3.6% from April 2018. The figures below provide examples of what an increase of 3.6% will have on the amount of rent paid on Barrhead properties of different sizes.
- 2 apt An extra £2.52 per week
- 3 apt An extra £3.06 per week
- 4 apt An extra £3.26 per week
- 5 apt + An extra £3.98 per week
Nothing is decided as yet. The Governing Board of Barrhead will decide at its February meeting. We therefore need your views NOW as this will help the Governing Board decide what rents should be set at. Once decided, we will write to you with the details of your new rent.
Please complete the questionnaire on the last page of our 2018/19 Rent Increase Consultation Newsletter and email it to email@example.com or post it to Barrhead Housing Association, 60-70 Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1SB.