The Dunterlie Making Places project (Pidgin Perfect consultant) earlier this year asked people about the outdoor area around the Resource Centre and there was strong support for improving the play park.
Following on from this, East Renfrewshire Council has committed £100,000 to upgrade the play park and would like to ask the community to vote on items. This is a joint exercise between Partnerships and Communities and our colleagues in the Environment Department. We would gratefully receive any support that you could give to help spread the word.
Paper voting forms will be arriving in the Resource Centre on Monday 12 August. These will require ticks and a postcode and anyone can participate.
The vote will run until Friday 6 September.
They will also be posting the forms through the doors in Dunterlie and working with Young Person’s Services to get youth clubs and school pupils who live nearby involved.
They have contacted the Trust and a ballot box will be permanently placed in the Resource Centre reception area to collect the forms.
- Results and updates will be posted on the noticeboard in Dunterlie Resource Centre, shared with local groups and posted on Twitter @ercommunities
- This is the beginning of changes to the outdoor area and the Council will continue to seek funding to do more.
- We are committed to making the play park as inclusive as possible so part of the budget will also buy:
- accessible picnic benches
- accessible self-closing gates x3
- an accessible roundabout
- new swings including accessible basket swing