Universal Credit “Full Service” is coming to East Renfrewshire on the Wednesday 26th September. Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:

  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credits
  • Working Tax Credits
  • Housing Benefit


If you are working age and claiming for the first time, or have certain changes in cirucmstances to an exisitng claim to one of the listed benefits, you will need to apply for Universal Credit. If you are in receipt of ANY of these benefits or you are in receipt of UNIVERSAL CREDIT please get in touch with us NOW and we can answer any questions that you may have about Universal Credit. We can carry out a benefit check for you and help you make a new claim if it is needed. For further advice or assistance contact our Welfare Rights Service on 0141 881 0638 or email enquiries@barrheadha.org